Expectations of a Volunteer:
1. An active Catholic in good standing with the Church with no impediment to full communion
2. Reasonably knowledgeable, and believes in and supports the teachings of the Catholic Church
3. Comfortable relating to young people, genuinely likes and respects teens, and understands
their developmental levels
4. Able to make a commitment and follow through
5. Willing to serve and put others first
6. Able to listen to and be available to teens
7. Is enthusiastic
8. Has a sense of humor (it helps!)
9. Is trustworthy; must be of good character, reputation, background, and record
10. Is prayerful
11. Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with youth
12. Continues their lifelong formation in the Catholic faith
13. Must complete VIRTUS (Protecting God's Children) 3 hr. class. www.virtus.org
(September-May, Sundays, 6:30pm-8:00pm, twice monthly)
Confirmation class takes place an average of 2-3 classes/month on Sunday evenings. The job of a catechist is
to help hand on the Faith to the students in their ongoing formation by leading class discussions and activities.
Confirmation preparation has a stronger emphasis on the content of the Faith, while encouraging teens to grow in
their personal relationship with Christ and the Church. Catechists will also be asked to attend occasional trainings
LifeTeen Core Team
(First Sunday of the month & random youth ministry events)
LifeTeen is a youth ministry program for high school students that takes place with a Mass on Sunday nights.
LifeTeen will take place the first Sunday of the month.
Core Team members help recruit and train student volunteers, organize our LifeNights, lead small group discussions, give talks, testimonies, and
overall share the witness of Jesus Christ with the teens. Core Team should be charismatic, energetic, love youth
and love God. Core Team will also be asked to attend occasional trainings and seminars.
EDGE Core Team
(September-May, Sundays, 3:30pm-4:45pm, twice monthly)
Edge meets 2-3 times/month on Tuesday evenings. Core Team members help organize our middle school Edge
Nights, lead small group discussions, give talks, testimonies, and overall share the witness of Jesus Christ with the
youth. Core Team should be charismatic, energetic, love youth and love God. Core Team will also be asked to
attend occasional trainings and seminars.
By volunteering for service projects you will not only act as a chaperone for the youth in our program, but you will
have an opportunity to further give back to your community by participating in the projects and activities. Projects
typically take place on Saturday and are an average of 4 hours.
Worship leaders will lead the music, vocal or instrumental, for LifeTeen Mass (monthly) and for praise & worship &
prayer at ministry sessions or events.
St. Anne Catholic Community
Volunteer Opportunities in Youth Ministry